What is a Certified Post Rehabilitation Specialist (CPRS)? A Post Rehabilitation Specialist is an advanced fitness professional who truly understands the functional anatomy and biomechanics behind both everyday and sport movement.
Certified Post Rehabilitation Specialist (CPRS) Certification
The “new” CPRS certification is for the fitness and health professional looking to learn and truly understand the fundamentals of human movement, rehabilitation, exercise prescription, periodization training and offer post rehabilitation training to post rehab clients. Comprised of 10 parts that is supported with over 50+videos, you will learn the foundation science, functional assessments and application science behind movement dysfunctions. Providing you with the knowledge, confidence and skillset to work with any client.
Home Study Option: Curriculum
Course 1: Anatomy and functional anatomy behind human movement
Course 2: Joint movements and actions
Course 3: Understanding the kinetic chain
Course 4: Foundation of Biomechanics and Biomechanics of movement
Course 5: Musculoskeletal and Movement Screening
Course 6: Rehabilitation Principles
Course 7: Foundation of Exercise and Exercise prescription
Course 8: Foundation of periodization training
Course 9: Common movement dysfunctions of the orthopedic, neuromuscular, CP/CV & special populations
Course 10: Scope of Practice of CPRS and Marketing Post Rehabilitative Service
A CPRS completely understands the joint mechanics, connective tissue, and muscles required with movement and has a solid understanding of biomechanical analysis of prime movements, such as; squat, lunge, diagonal forward, and reverse lunge, recognizing normal vs. abnormal movement patterns. Understands how to assess, correct, and apply this knowledge with research, to design effective programs based on the principles of Periodization Training and Tudor Bompa. Understands the weak links in the body and common movement dysfunctions affecting the neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, and special populations. A CPRS understands the foundation science, assessments, and application science behind human movement. Therefore, is truly an advanced fitness professional who can work with any client helping them achieve optimal health and fitness goals.
How to Become a CPRS
Step 1: Purchase all 10 home study courses
Step 2: Review course Understanding Human Movement and proceed through
each course respectively.
Step 3: When ready to take the online comprehensive examination(125 m/c questions)
contact PTCS to take your examination (see examination information below)
Step 4: Then set up a time for the oral and practical examination.
When you purchase you will be provided access to all study material
Videos can be accessed only when a course is purchased.
To access videos:
Step 1. Purchase this course
Step 2. Click log in in right hand corner
Step 3. Enter email and password that was used for purchase
Step 4. Click on course that you want to view
NOTE: You need to watch the entire video before accessing the next video.
Steps to take your online CPRS Examination:
1. Please contact PTCS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, when you are interested in taking the respective examination that pertains to the course that you purchased.
2. PTCS will invite you (via an email) to appear in the test for which the course you have purchased.
3. You will need to follow the instruction and click on to the “Click here” link / “Test link”.
4. You will need to fill & submit all the required fields of registration form. Fields are like; First Name, Last Name, Username, Password, Country & Time zone.
Note: Please make a note of the username and password. You will need this information to login and take the examination.
5. System will take you to the Dashboard of PTCS online examination.
6. You will find the CPRS Examination in your dashboard. Which has been assigned by PTCS (via inviting you through an email).
7. You will need to start your assigned test by clicking on to the “Take test now” link.
8. “Take test now” link will take you to the page which provide you test information and disclaimers.
9. You will need to click “Start Now” button to start your test.
10. Your test will get started, you can view questions and possible answers on test window along with the Next, Previous & Finish button.
11. Finish button will activate on the last question of your tests, you will need to mark answers for all the questions to finish your test.
12. After finishing the test, you can view your score in “My report” section.
13. Once you have completed the examination, PTCS will automatically receive your exam results.
14. Once PTCS receives your score, we will email you with your results and/or CPRS certificate within 24-72 hrs respectively.